Who we are...
We are a small dedicated group of artists and fine art supporters located in the Gulf coast region of
South Texas. Our home is the historic coastal town of Port Isabel, TX. We are blessed with an array of
beautiful sunsets over the Lower Laguna Madre Bay and a trove of fresh seafood to enjoy. Our small town
charm, the abundant coastal wildlife and the wide sandy beaches of South Padre Island make our area a
tourist destination. The two mile long Queen Isabella Causeway connects historic Port Isabel and
beautiful South Padre Island. Local and seasonal residents and tourists provide for an always
changing group of art aficionados that seek and value the art of our local talent. Given the cultural and
historic richness of our community and the constant influx of art seekers, our entire genre of our artists
are provided with a multitude of backdrops from which to create and market their fine art endeavors.
What we do...
The Laguna Madre Art League is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. As such we dedicate our funding to promoting art appreciation and artistic displays, enhancing artist skill sets, and supporting our young artists as they developed the necessary skills to become the next generation of fine art producers. Our emphasis and objective is to stimulate art appreciation, enhance artistic skills and promote the marketing of art created by our local artists.
How we do this...
• By participating in and supporting community art exhibitions and activities;
• Involvement in art exhibitions in public buildings and local businesses;
• Encouraging linkages and memberships with other art related organizations;
• Seeking, supporting and creating opportunities for enhancing artistic growth;
• Supporting young artists and scholarship programs that enhance their ability to create fine art;
• Providing a community presence for the continued economic development, promotion and
support of the visual arts.